Remoting Over HTTP?

Topics: User Forum
Jun 28, 2007 at 8:07 PM
I have an existing Remoting server (not running in IIS) with CAOs, accessible via HTTP.

Attempting to use ProxyFactory gave this:

"
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'thinktecture.ProxyModel.CommunicationPlatformFactory' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'thinktecture.ProxyModel.Remoting.RemotingCommunicationPlatform' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentException: exePath must be specified when not running inside a stand alone exe.
"

Could you show a complete example how to use Remoting over and HTTP (Binary) channel?

Also, an example that did not use an XML config document but instead had all properties set programattically would be very very helpful (I can't use config files for multiple reasons).

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2007 at 11:32 PM
Edited Jul 9, 2007 at 11:34 PM
Unfortunately, we had not yet added web environment support and compared to the listed exception, it seems that you are in this situation.
We'll plan a new release in the next month. This will be added. Can you send to me a sample that throws the exception ?

What are the specific remoting properties that you want to set programmatically ? You can use static method provided by the RemotingConfiguration class and the ChannelServices class to bypass configuration file.
(See the sample proposed on the HttpChannel Class Msdn Documentation page).

Regards.
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2007 at 3:39 PM
Hi,

The web environment support was added, but it is only available from the source code while waiting for new release.
Regards.