Generating proxies that compile on Compact .NET

Oct 10, 2007 at 5:22 PM
Hello,

I'm wondering if I can use ProxyFactory to create proxies that compile on the Compact .NET framework. What I'm trying to do is dynamically interact with web services. A well-known solution for this is generating code and compiling it using the CodeDom classes, but unfortunately this isn't available on the Compact .NET framework. I could try to use svcutil to generate a Compact .NET compatible proxy class, try to compile it on a desktop machine for Compact .NET, and send it to the device, but I'm actually looking for a flexible and easier solution.

Thanks in advance!

-- Jo
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2007 at 9:12 AM
Hi Jo,

Unfortunately, the short answer is no. ProxyFactory cannot run on Compact Framework. This is due to the fact that SchemaImporterExtension class that we use during the serialization process is not availalble in the Compact Framework as outlined in MSDN documentation http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.serialization.advanced.schemaimporterextension.aspx

T
Oct 25, 2007 at 10:39 AM
Ok no worries. I think I am going to try using NetCFSvcUtil.exe to generate the proxies.

Thanks for the update!

-- Jo