Dynamically Invoking WebServices

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Mar 25, 2007 at 7:12 AM
I almost used ProxyFactory in my last project.
The thing is you force me to use a contract. I do believe in the contract-based approach as you can see in my NMVP project, but when it comes to Web Services it´s all about independence.

What I want to do is:

WebService ws = new WebService(url);
object result = ws.Invoke("HelloWorld", parameterList);

I´m guessing you could add this in ProxyFactory without much effort.

If you´d like I have the code to do it ready and tested. Please tell me if you´d like me to help.

Thanks for the effort!
Bernardo Heynemann
Coordinator of BHAL, WOM, NMVP, Validation Everywhere, TFS Source Control Tree Browser, NHibernate Business Layer and NMVP Software Factory.
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2007 at 10:28 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

What you want to do was covered by Christian Weyer's Dynamic WS Lib, you can find it here:
http://www.thinktecture.com/Resources/Software/DynWsLib/default.html

It was the starting point of ProxyFactory and the whole point was to introduce strongly typed proxys and take advantage of contract first and generics. As for the integration of the invocation within ProxyFactory this is not planned at the moment but based on the feedback we get, we may decide to include backward compatibility with Dynamic WS Lib.

Rgds,
Tony
Mar 26, 2007 at 12:19 PM
That´d be VERY VERY appreciated.

Thanks,
Bernardo Heynemann
Coordinator of BHAL, WOM, NMVP, Validation Everywhere, TFS Source Control Tree Browser, NHibernate Business Layer and NMVP Software Factory.